MPL-Publisher 📚 creates an ebook, print-ready PDF book, EPUB for KDP, or Audiobook MP3 directly from your WordPress posts.
New in Version 2.7.0 - Released on April 12, 2023
- Added Flipbook as new output format
- Updated MS Word (Docx) library generation
- Fixed https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-opening-docx-file/
New in Version 2.6.1 - Released on March 27, 2023
- Increased 5 seconds default timeout to 60 seconds when requesting premium endpoints
- Updated "Tested up to" WordPress version
New in Version 2.6.0 - Released on January 17, 2023
- Fix error with ordered lists starting number. Closes https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ordered-lists-start-value-is-ignored/
- Fix error "Could not load image" when exporting DOCX https://wordpress.org/support/topic/could-not-load-image-when-exporting-docx/
- Remove inline
<noscript>tags from content
- Better server error and image not found error handling
- Tested up to PHP 8.2
- Update MPL-Publisher Premium ⭐ pricing model
New in Version 2.5.1 - Released on November 4, 2022
- Fix EPUB validation when the title contains quotes, less-than, greater-than signs
- Fix filters by year to include all post types (only "post" types were considered)
- Fix shortcode widget: add book-id parameter and extend documentation
New in Version 2.5.0 - Released on October 21, 2022
- Add Online Book as a new output format
- Added an option to include images in the generated file
- Include images into the book is the default option
- Removed JSON format and restored Markdown format
- Automatically fixes IMG tags without alt attribute to avoid validation errors
- Tested up to WordPress 6.1
New in Version 2.4.1 - Released on September 14, 2022
- Removed Guzzle HTTP Client and replaced with
New in Version 2.4.0 - Released on July 20, 2022
- Post featured image can be included in corresponding ebook chapter
- Fix: Image alt attribute was removed and caused a validation error
- Minor readme.txt improvements
New in Version 2.3.2 - Released on May 30, 2022
- Clean DIVI shortcodes. Fix: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/tags-divi-theme/
- Add support for WordPress 6.0
- Update Readme.txt description
New in Version 2.3.0 - Released on May 5, 2022
- Added "Book Subtitle" field and compatible to all output formats
- Updated tabs disposition and move "ISBN" field to "Meta" tab
- Tested up to PHP 8.1
New in Version 2.2.0 - Released on April 25, 2022
- Added content validation before eBook generation. Validating content before generation ensures your eBook will contain no HTML errors and will be compatible with all EPUB checkers.
- Change README tags, description and content
New in Version 2.1.0 - Released on March 23, 2022
- Word: Improve TOC generation: link to titles and page number 📓
- Word: Add book title and Author after cover image ✍️
New in Version 2.0.0 - Released on February 9, 2022
- New admin page design 💄
- Removed MOBI from supported formats as it's outdated 📜
- Improved UX on responsive, filters and tutorial intro 🌟
New in Version 1.34.0 - Released on February 1, 2022
- Add support for more post types other than post, page and book chapter 🌍
- Testing compatibility with other knowledge base plugins 🤓
- Retesting for WordPress 5.9 and PHP 8.0 🧰
New in Version 1.33.0 - Released on January 4, 2022
- Decrease posts limitation to 50 results to improve performance 🚀
- Allow Premium users to edit max results per book ⭐
- Non-premium users can download a free PDF and MP3 sample 🤑
- MPL-Publisher JSON format is now available for all users ❤️
New in Version 1.32.1 - Released on November 29, 2021
- Apply "the_content" filter to mimic the content displayed.
- Fix "Apostrophe in description is repeatedly escaped".
- Remove banners and ads on the premium version.
New in Version 1.32.0 - Released on November 15, 2021
- Action to duplicate your posts as chapters and avoid editing original content.
- Added JSON format to improve cross-compatibility with MPL-Publisher tools.
- Removed Markdown format as it was mostly unused and unknown.
- Update Spanish, French, and Catalan translations + plugin readme description.
- Increase tested up to WordPress 5.9.
New in Version 1.31.0 - Released on October 28, 2021
- Change UX on chapters list to look similar to MPL v2.
- Remove get_authors and get_tags queries as they were unused.
- Audiobook format now allows up to 20k words.
New in Version 1.30.4 - Released on October 16, 2021
- Update following plugin recommendations.
New in Version 1.30.3 - Released on October 4, 2021
- Validate, Sanitize and Escape User Data.
New in Version 1.30.2 - Released on October 4, 2021
- Increase posts results number limitation.
- Update resources for self-publishers.
- Fix cleaning options on plugin deactivation.
New in Version 1.30.1 - Released on October 4, 2021
- Update plugin URLs with brand new MPL-Publisher v2.
New in Version 1.30.0 - Released on September 10, 2021
- Selected chapters will be kept and ordered on filtered results.
- Security risks avoided using Transient API to show admin notices.
- Updated Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) Mobi generation library.
- Fix: Detect premium users on additional resources.
New in Version 1.29.2 - Released on August 24, 2021
- Fix cover image not being saved appropriately.
- Added order option (ASC/DESC) on chapters list.
New in Version 1.29.0 - Released on August 2, 2021
- Added new cover editor (only for MPL-Publisher premium).
- Fix Word cover alignment and image size.
- Change tabs literals and modified content (Links are now part of Metadata).
- Responsive improvements (buttons on XS and text size).
New in Version 1.28.0 - Released on July 27, 2021
- Added Plain Text (txt) as new output format.
- Added tutorial/help section explaining main plugin features.
- Warning message before leaving the page without saving changes.
- Include TOC at the beginning of the document on Microsoft Word export.
- Support for WordPress 5.8.
New in Version 1.27.0 - Released on July 2, 2021
- Fix error related to filter button not filtering results.
- Downgrade min WordPress version to 5.0.
- Allow br tags in book content.
- List chapters even if there are over max results.
New in Version 1.26.0 - Released on June 9, 2021
- Added 2 new premium themes: Future and Romance ⭐.
- Enable Gutenberg editor for book chapter post type.
New in Version 1.25.0 - Released on May 15, 2021
- From now on, you can manage multiple books for the same site.
- Added action to clear book information and start from scratch.
- Fix error loading remote placeholder image.
- Update PHP version requirements.
New in Version 1.24.0 - Released on April 23, 2021
- Introducing Marketplace: resources and ideas to help you boost your book sales.
- Add image styles to keep alignment with WordPress editor.
- Remove custom styles on the "Download my eBook" widget.
- Fix parsing date error on Word file generation.
- Fix loading plugin translations and update them.
New in Version 1.23.0 - Released on March 12, 2021
- Added experimental feature to embed images into book contents.
- Use rem instead of px on book styles.
- Fix error on saving premium license key.
New in Version 1.22.0 - Released on March 4, 2021
- Tested up to WordPress 5.7 and PHP 8.0 (and bug-fixing).
- Optimize database query when loading chapters.
New in Version 1.21.0 - Released on February 26, 2021
- Added new book theme! Check it out at our "🎨 Appearance" tab.
- Premium ⭐ version doesn't require a direct FTP upload anymore.
- Better usability messages on saving and error ✅.
- Improvements on our print-ready PDF premium formatting 📘.
New in Version 1.20.2
- Hotfix changes using emoji library.
New in Version 1.20.1
- Fix MOBI file generation.
- Update emojis with open-sourced Tweemojis.
New in Version 1.20.0
- Updated search filters (filter posts and chapters by month).
- Added Spanish, French, and Catalan translations.
- Premium publishers (print-ready PDF and Audiobook) generation improvements.
New in Version 1.19.0 - Released on December 30, 2020
- Fix EPUB 2.0 and EPUB 3.0 validation errors.
- Clean HTML tags from content to prevent design errors.
- Change default content sorting to OLDER chapters first.
- Premium publishers (print-ready PDF and Audiobook) generation improvements.
New in Version 1.18.0
- Move menu position outside the "Tools" section.
- Limit query results to avoid more than 150 results.
- Minor usability improvements on publishing actions.
New in Version 1.17.1 - Released on December 16, 2020
- Fix annoying count error. Thanks, lholfve!.
New in Version 1.17.0 - Released on December 16, 2020
- Added print-ready PDF as output format.
New in Version 1.16.0 - Released on November 20, 2020
- MPL-Publisher Premium ⭐ it's available!.
- Added Audiobook (mp3) as output format.
- Pages can now be attached as book chapters.
- UX improvements and lots of emojis.
New in Version 1.15.1 - Released on November 17, 2020
- Fixed error related to PHP min version.
New in Version 1.15.0 - Released on November 2, 2020
- Update to WordPress 5.5.
New in Version 1.14.0 - Released on November 2, 2020
- Allow filter posts by year.
- Allow multiple themes loading and selection.
- Added hooks for plugin extensions (pending documentation).
- Fix Markdown generation to include CSS files and fonts.
New in Version 1.13.0 - Released on January 19, 2017
- Added MOBI as output format (Basic field, not ready for production).
- Fix Draft Book Posts? issue.
- Fix the "Read More" issue (Posts where printing only excerpts on the generated eBook).
- Fix plugin page navbar and table styles.
- Update plugin dependencies.
New in Version 1.12.0 - Released on August 11, 2015
- Added Microsoft Word (Docx) as output format.
- Custom CSS text area under the Appearance tab.
New in Version 1.11.0 - Released on July 29, 2015
- Add MPL-Download eBook widget to promote your book with your readers.
- Shortcode to include your MPL-Download eBook using
- Added a "Links" tab to include related pages with your book, like Amazon or iBooks links.
- Improved tab navigation on responsive mobile.
- Fix language load_plugin_textdomain path.
New in Version 1.10.0 - Released on July 21, 2015
- Added Serbian translation. Thanks to Andrijana from Web Hosting Geeks.
- Added Appearance's tab to preview and choose your book design.
- New filter with content type selection.
- Download the book as a zip file with chapters in markdown format.
- Fix automatic line breaks into HTML paragraphs.
New in Version 1.9.0 - Released on July 8, 2015
- Added French translation. Thanks to zebulong.
- You can add specific content as a chapter to your book without needing to be an existing published post.
- Added Copyright information field about your book.
- Added default CSS classes to book.css to ensure styles on images once the book is published.
- Added multiple tooltips to increase information about how the plugin works.
- Fix CSS mpl-pubisher.css namespace.
- Fix local timestamp on save information.
- Fix saved image source.
New in Version 1.8.0 - Released on July 4, 2015
- Now you can save your changes for future publications.
- The chapter's list shows also your private posts.
- Review plugin's description and tags to improve visibility.
- Fix mobile/responsive button display.
New in Version 1.7.0 - Released on June 25, 2015
- Improved admin's page navigation using tabs.
- Add helping blocks to a better understanding.
- Add book publication's date field and editable language field.
- Bug printing post's edit link.
New in Version 1.6.0 - Released on June 17, 2015
- Added authors filtering to chapter's selection.
- Added tag filtering to chapter's selection.
- Improve readme.txt description to provide server requirements information.
- Pending 1.5.0 Spanish and Catalan translations.
New in Version 1.5.0 - Released on June 13, 2015
- Add Book Description.
- Sets Blog Language as Book Language.
New in Version 1.4.4 - Released on May 22, 2015
- Fix the "Class not found" error.
New in Version 1.4.0 - Released on May 22, 2015
- Chapter's selection is filtered by posts categories.
- Fix HTTPS image request.
New in Version 1.3.0 - Released on May 19, 2015
- Added EPUB3.0 as output format.
- Upload a Book Cover.
- Added meta-information about the generator.
- Corrected Spanish and Catalan translations.
New in Version 1.2.0 - Released on May 18, 2015
- New default book style.
- Added Spanish and Catalan translation.
- Replace Twig with illuminate/view as the view engine.
- Fix duplicate ID chapter.
New in Version 1.1.0 - Released on May 16, 2015
- Sort individual chapters manually.
New in Version 1.0.0 - Released on May 17, 2014
- Initial release.